If you know me, you know that my journey to better wellness started with giving essential oils a shot. I won’t go into my whole long story, but I had a little one and I was pregnant with my second, and I was researching like CRAZY. I heard all these stories about the lawsuits Johnson and Johnson’s was going through, and how dangerous conventional cleaners were.
My dear friend got me into essential oils since she had seen a lot of great changes in her family’s health. I figured, why the hell not? Worse case, I have buyer’s remorse and I try to sell it to someone who wanted it.
Um, they worked y’all.
The first oil I ran out of if I recall was my girl Lemon. To this day, 2.5 years later, I use this oil every day, if not, multiple times a day. It’s bae, and my love for it knows no bounds. It’s the peanut butter to my jelly.
There’s so many ways you can use it. Maybe not a billion as my click bait title advertised (sorry, not sorry). But there are still a hell of a lot of uses.
First, I need to clarify that I use Young Living oils. I trust the company, their ethics and practices, and their leadership. Second, technically, Young Living sells two Lemon oils: Lemon and Lemon Vitality. The vitality oil (like all other Vitality oils that Young Living carries) has been tested suitable for ingestion. I am going to talk about uses for BOTH TYPES. It’s the same oil, just has to be labeled differently. K?
- I use Lemon every day for cleaning. When I clean the kitchen and bathrooms, I clean all the sinks and toilets by sprinkling baking soda, adding 1-2 drops of Lemon oil, and pour in vinegar. This is a great toxin-free solution, and leaves the room smelling nice and fresh.
- I also use it in laundry. We have disgusting hard water. (Um, can we get a water softener unit yet, Mr. Jen?) So, our laundry used to come out smelling stanky. I started adding a drop of Lemon oil in with the detergent and sprinkle in baking soda, and it helps so much!
- It smells freaking happy. Diffusing this, and stick your nostrils by it, and be prepared to smile, yo. It is uplifting and energizing. I like to pair it with Peppermint, or Lavender, or Thieves.
- Lemon is a great wellness oil. Seriously. Google the benefits of D-Limonene. You are gonna want to start using Lemon every day.
- I put Lemon Vitality in my water. It is good to support healthy digestion, detox the yuck away, and hey, it makes your water taste a little more palatable if you’re not a water drinker.
- Lemon can be used as a non-toxic goo remover! Try it the next time you want to remove a sticker from something.
- Um, lemon bars. *cue my drooling* I make legit lemon bars with Lemon Vitality.
Keep in mind, citrus oils are PHOTOSENSITIVE. This means that while Lemon, for example, is amazing for your skin (it is purifying and cleansing), it is recommended to do it at night, or on days where your skin will not be exposed to the sun for up to 12 hours. Or, put it in a spot that will be covered by clothes.
Who is dying to try this oil now? Where my essential oil lovers at?