Have you ever noticed the thrall that food holds us in? It’s like food is a vampire, and it’s able to glamour us. Seriously. We are a culture that loves to eat.
No matter what journey my fitness goals take me on, there are certain staples that I don’t think I could go without.
My Ideal Day
I wake up and bounce out of bed. I get a few things done– uninterrupted!— before the kids wake up. Then, my culinary journey for the day begins.
Spoiler: If you are in the market for fancy recipes, you are in the wrong place, my friend. These recipes are low-key, easy, and anyone can make them.
Easy is the name of the game for this whole blog post, but especially breakfast. I like breakfast to be quick because I usually try to hustle off to the gym after we eat and get dressed. This one is a crowd pleaser for me and my kiddos.
It is literally just scrambled eggs with shredded cheese. Simple as that. Throw some garnish on there if you’re feelin’ fancy but it’s not necessary.
My kids like buttered toast. (We do grass fed butter these days.) I like a side of berries. It’s the perfect quick breakfast. I like to pair it with a fine V8 Peach Mango energy drink. It’s got B vitamins and caffeine from green tea.
Click the pic to get some of this nectar of the gods shipped right to your door.
This one is slightly more in depth, but still very easy! It is a taco salad without the shell. Low carb (depending on your toppings) and super tasty.
Literally just follow these steps:
- Brown some ground beef
- Add taco seasoning and drain
- Throw some lettuce in a bowl
- Top with cooked taco meat
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and other toppings of choice
Bam. There’s lunch.
This is my all-time favorite dinner recipe. My mom made it when I was growing up and now I make it whenever I get the chance. It is AMAZING.
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 jar plain pasta sauce
- 1 – 16oz box of elbow macaroni
- 8oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain
- Cook elbow mac
- Mix cooked beef, noodles, sauce, and green peppers in a casserole dish
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
You will definitely want to make this again! It goes well with a fancy Barefoot Moscato.
Everyone’s favorite meal of the day, am I right? These cookies are another favorite recipe of my mom’s and my all-time most loved cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, salt, milk, and vanilla til smooth
- In separate bowl, mix together oatmeal, baking soda, and flour
- Then combine wet and dry mixtures
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms
- For best results refrigerate for a few hours
- Drop in rounded balls onto onto cookie sheet (I like using parchment paper)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
There you have it! My ideal food day. What does your ideal food day look like? Let me know in the comments below!