Are you looking for an easy recipe that takes barely any time at all? Need a dessert for your next gathering?
I don’t know about you, but I love summer. The hot weather, time outside, swimming, fireflies, the time at the park with my kids, family vacations… I love it.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the occasions to get together for delicious food. Usually this is unofficially kicked off with Memorial Day. Here is the PERFECT easy dessert recipe you can make for your next gathering that doesn’t take a lot of time, and without a lot of complicated steps. Because I don’t know about you, but if it’s complicated, I’m not making it!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 10-20 drops Lemon Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all the crust ingredients and mix well
- Press into greased 9 x 13 pan
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Let it cool slightly
- For the filling, combine flour and sugar
- Mix in beaten eggs and essential oil (I usually do 15 drops)
- Pour into slightly cooled crust
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar
*Store in fridge to maintain density*
This easy recipe leaves you with a treat that’s totally drool-worthy. Your family will thank me ? This is just one easy recipe you can make. If you want some options, whip together a strawberry shortcake, or some cookie ice cream sandwiches! The possibilities are endless.
What is your favorite summer time treat? Share your easy recipes in the comments below!